This year we ran our first ever Android Netrunner tournament which we dubbed the Medical Research Fundraiser. 28 players took part in the tournament which saw each player tasked with building decks using randomised ID’s provided when they purchased their ticket. After five rounds of swiss pairings we cut to top four for a double elimination finals which eventually saw David Culemann crowned our first champion with his Hayley Kaplan/Haarpsichord Studios decks.
Provided below are the players and their ID’s in their final positions. Where possible we have linked to decklists.
- David Culemann – Hayley Kaplan/Haarpsichord Studios
- Chris Wood – Ken Tenma/Custom Biotics
- Neil Gorst – MaxX/The World Is Yours
- Colin Wells – Exile/New Angeles Sol
- Jack Kenyon – Andromeda/Argus Security
- Sarah Vandervliet – Leela Patel/Industrial Genomics
- Matt Ord-Hume – Edward Kim/Gagarin Deep Space
- Joel Atkinson – The Professor/Building A Better World
- Tobias Chippington Derrick – Andromeda/Harmony Medtech
- John Coxon – Valencia Estevez/Spark Agency
- Emily Miller – Apex/Making News
- Adam Fitzgerald – MaxX/The Foundry
- Luke Hector – Silhouette/Cybernetics Division
- Tom Blackburn – Gabriel Santiago/GRNDL
- Ed Silverstone – Quetzal/Engineering The Future
- Charlie Ringer – Iain Stirling/Cerebral Imaging
- Tomas Seymour-Turner – Armand “Geist” Walker/Custom Biotics
- Paul Smith – Kate McCaffrey/Personal Evolution
- Peter Cox – Adam/Stronger Together
- James Pilcher – Laramy Fisk/Near-Earth Hub
- Antony Murch – Sunny Lebeau/Tennin Institute
- Nick de Berckman Dunn – Ken Tenma/Titan Transnational
- Graham Smart – Noise/Jinteki Biotech
- Samuel Mangham – Chaos Theory/Chronos Protocol
- Zoe Head – Sunny Lebeau/Blue Sun
- Paul Warner-Green – Armand “Geist” Walker/Next Design
- Will Compton – Reina Roja/Because We Built It
- Daniel Hill – Nasir Meidan/Nisei Division
You can find more details on the tournament at the Acoo page by clicking here.
If you took part and have your deck on NetrunnerDB or Acoo please comment below and we’d love to link to it from this page. Please consider mentioning Gaming vs. Cancer in the deck name when you publish it and include a link to us if you would, it helps more people become aware of our events.